Education Analytics is a non-profit organization that uses data analysis to inform education policy decisions. We work with school districts, regional offices of education, non-profits, and policymakers to identify ways that make education systems better. We are seeking a full-time Research Analyst to support processing, interpreting, and analyzing large educational data sets. An ideal candidate has exposure to statistics and an associated programming language, as well as an interest in education policy.
· Work within a team to complete various analysis projects and meet deadlines
· Investigate data sources, understand data quality, and process data according to agreed-upon rules
· Develop visualizations and reports for less technical audiences
· Support providing analyses to researchers to drive discussions on analytic approaches
· Support implementation of various statistical models
· Ad-hoc requests for reports, visualizations and research projects
· Minimum bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field from four-year college or university.
· Proficiency with a statistical programming language desired (R strongly preferred)
· Understanding of statistical modeling techniques like linear regression, logistic regressions, and machine learning desired
· Competitive salary
· Annual merit bonuses
· Paid holidays and one month of paid vacation per year
· Generous 401k and health benefits
The weekly hour expectation is 45 hours per week at EA’s office in Madison, WI. Additional nights and weekends are sometimes required.
Education Analytics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.