Education Analytics is a non-profit organization that uses data analysis to inform education policy decisions. We work with school districts, regional offices of education, non-profits, and policymakers to identify ways that make education systems better.
We are seeking highly motivated, customer service-oriented applicants to join our IT team as a full-time, on-site IT Helpdesk Administrator in our office located in downtown Madison, WI.
This role will support our IT operations via resolution of user-submitted technical issues and requests in a prompt and professional manner. The Helpdesk Administrator will also help support the physical implementation and maintenance of IT hardware and software and collaboration tools. This role will be an integral part of the IT Team, assisting in identifying and designing areas of improvement to our internal and user-deployed IT systems to help further the EA mission.
- Full-time, on-site IT Helpdesk Administrator in our office located in downtown Madison, WI
- Work closely with a growing (100+) userbase to support the EA mission by supporting IT technology requests and providing technical training as needed.
- Conducting initial assessment to triage technical issues.
- Utilize technical expertise to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Document and communicate initial technical findings, exercising sound judgement to escalating advanced issues to level 2 administrators.
- Configure, deploy, and maintain computers, Operating Systems, Applications, printers, video conferencing and other office telecommunications equipment.
- Support third-party applications and services used both internally to manage IT deployments, as well as user-based deployments.
- Account provisioning for Active Directory domain as well as other internal and external services.
- Support security initiatives by supporting malware detection software deployments, maintenance strategies, and training initiatives.
- Research and provide suggestions for latest technology tools to support growth of the organization.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Systems/Network Administration, Computer Support Specialist, Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, or other related field.
- 2+ years of experience with IT helpdesk, Active Directory, O365, SharePoint, server or network administration or related field.
- Working experience working in Linux considered a plus.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment.
- Proven and sharp technical, analytical, and problem-solving abilities with ability to understand the problem at hand and effectively find/use resources to solve problems quickly.
- Ability to conduct research on technical issues as required to support help desk operations.
- Highly self-motivated and detail-oriented with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Compensation and Benefits
The starting salary for the IT Helpdesk Administrator is $55,000 and is negotiable depending on experience. EA also offers an extremely generous benefits package including:
- Automatic 12% 401k contribution (with up to 3% more based on employee match)
- Paid parental leave for up to 26 weeks
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options with a generous employer contribution
- Employer paid short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance
- 9 paid holidays of your choosing per year
- 26.5 vacation days/year and sick leave accruals
- Employer paid transportation support for Madison-based employees
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Flexible workplace options
Equal Employment Opportunity
Education Analytics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We want to let candidates know that EA is a federal contractor with over 50 employees. As the situation has evolved with federal requirements, we now require COVID-19 vaccinations for all employees. Medical and Religious accommodations will be granted where they do not cause Education Analytics undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others. Keep this requirement in mind and please reach out if you have any questions or would like to request accommodation.