Education Analytics is a non-profit organization that uses data analysis to inform education policy decisions. Our staff are highly motivated technical analysts and policy advisors that leverage the latest technology to deliver our services to public education with the highest quality and in the most cost effective manner possible. To that end we are constantly experimenting with new technologies that can improve our work, whether that be the latest in telepresence technology, remote collaboration software, or the fastest parallel compute cluster we can build with our budget.
We are seeking a full-time IT Network and Systems Administrator responsible for implementing and maintaining system and network-related solutions for our organization. The ideal candidate will have experience in networking and Windows/Linux server management and will oversee the functioning of networking equipment, software deployment, and new technology roadmaps. The candidate will also be responsible for developing new strategies to optimize server operation by managing complex system requirements and provide technical helpdesk support for users. This is not a traditional network administrator job; we are looking for an individual who can work in a rapidly growing flexible start-up environment and has a taste to create new systems within the institution. Leadership has made internal technology a priority and will heavily support innovative ideas.
- Windows and Linux Server implementation and management
- Manage servers and networks, including file, print, and backup servers and routers, next generation firewalls, IDS/IPS configuration and support
- Manage LAN / WAN design topology implementation, DHCP sub netting
- Implement and maintain computers, printer, backup and disaster recovery systems
- Implement and maintain data security protocols including managing updates and evaluating network management software.
- Manage IT helpdesk systems
- Research and implement latest technology tools to support growth of organization
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Networking, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in the field with Windows and Linux server environments
- 2+ years of experience in network topology design and management
- Experience implementing remote terminal servers, VPN, MFA, IPSEC and certificates.
- Experience implementing next generation firewall systems and SAN/NAS file storage systems
- Familiarity with statistical application R Studio, R Server and high-performance computing (bonus if the candidate has knowledge of compiling and linking with the Intel MKL library or low-level R efficiency)
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure management on AWS and/or Azure
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Proven and sharp technical, analytical, and problem-solving abilities with ability to understand the problem at hand and effectively find/use resources to solve problems quickly
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required
- Highly self-motivated and detail-oriented and ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Competitive salary
- Annual merit bonuses
- Paid holidays and over a month of paid vacation per year
- Generous 401k and health benefits
- Free Madison Metro transit pass or subsidized office parking (if space is available)
- Casual office environment
- Location right in the heart of downtown Madison, WI
Education Analytics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.