This position is ON-SITE in Madison, WI.
We are seeking experienced, highly motivated, customer service-oriented applicants to join our IT team as a full-time, on-site IT Senior Helpdesk Administrator in our office located in downtown Madison, WI. Requests for remote assignment will not be considered at this time.
This role will support our IT operations via resolution of user-submitted technical issues and requests in a prompt and professional manner. The Helpdesk Administrator will also help support the physical implementation and maintenance of IT hardware and software and collaboration tools. This role will be an integral part of the IT Team, assisting in identifying and designing areas of improvement to our internal and user-deployed IT systems to help further the EA mission.
- Work closely with a growing (100+) userbase to support the EA mission by supporting IT technology requests and providing technical training as needed.
- Ownership of IT’s internal support helpdesk. Conducting initial assessment and documentation to efficiently triage technical issues, as well as in depth troubleshooting and problem-solving of technical issues to help solve advanced issues on highly customizable user configurations and solutions.
- Provide Leadership, delegation, and act as an escalation support resource for junior staff.
- Design, implement and administer technical systems used to manage and maintain user and dev workstation environments.
- Thorough documentation and communication regarding user interactions, technical findings, training materials, internal process, and procedure documentation.
- Configure, deploy, and maintain computers and other technical hardware, operating systems, applications, printers, video conferencing and other office telecommunications equipment as deployed locally in-office and for remote use.
- Manage and support a variety third-party applications and services used both internally to manage IT desktop solutions as well as user-based deployments.
- Maintain a stance of ownership over IT onboarding and offboarding processes, while collaborating heavily with other org stakeholders surrounding their processes and needs for communication.
- Lead and Support various IT training initiatives throughout the organization.
- Support IT security initiatives by configuring malware detection, software deployments, maintenance strategies, training initiatives, as well as analyzing existing user deployed systems for areas of improvement.
- Research and provide suggestions for latest technology tools to support growth of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Systems/Network Administration, Computer Support Specialist, Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, or other related field.
- Combined 7+ years of experience with IT Desktop Support, Desktop Analyst, helpdesk supervisor, Systems Administration, or related areas
- Extensive working experience with Microsoft Active Directory domain environments,
- In-depth knowledge and working experience supporting Windows, MacOS and Linux user deployments.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a variety team-oriented and collaborative environments.
- Proven and sharp technical, analytical, and problem-solving abilities with ability to understand the problem at hand and effectively find/use resources to solve problems quickly.
- Ability to conduct research and make sound decisions regarding technical issues as required to support help desk operations.
- Highly self-motivated and detail-oriented with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience designing training programs, leading dynamic training initiatives, and creating a wide variety of training documentation, and other supplemental aids.
- Past experience with leadership, delegation, and supporting junior staff.
- Ability to teach and learn from other IT teammates, willingness to share and be receptive to ideas and experiences to help lift up the team as an entity.
- Familiarity with project management practices.
We want to let candidates know that Education Analytics is a federal contractor with over 100 employees. As the situation has evolved with federal requirements, we now require covid-19 vaccinations for all employees. Medical and Religious accommodations will be granted where they do not cause Education Analytics undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Education Analytics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.